www.gov.lk Sinhala Ganna Tamil Ganna
Sinhala (Sri Lanka)Tamil (Sri Lanka)
You are here  : Home Passports FAQs on Passports
FAQ's on Passports
I have lost my passport.  What should I do ?
Report of the loss

If your passport has been lost or stolen you should immediately report it to the nearest Police Station and forward a copy of the police report to the Controller General of Immigration & Emigration. If applying for a fresh passport, this police report must be submitted along with the application form.

Fine for loss of a valid passport (M series passports are considered valid for 10 years from the date of issue)
A fine of Rs. 11,500.00 will be imposed.

Who can attest a passport application ?
With effect from 10th August 2015, attesting passport application is no longer required.